OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND FAILED PROMISES; NASESITES RATE THE EQUITY TEAM

By Charity Olufokunbi
(xxxx represent the student's wish to remain anonymous)

Student 1
Good day to you. Please can I meet you?

My name is ××××
I'm a 200L student of the Department of Special Education, Uni Ibadan.

Can you rate the current executives on a scale of 1-10?

4.

Wow.
Why 4? Is there something you think they aren't doing well?

Well, I was at the manifesto night when they were contesting to be elected. I heard many of their plans. So far, I have not seen many of them (the plans) come to play.

Hmmm... Okay. Is there any advice you'd love to give to them?

It might be seemingly impossible for them to fulfil those things now. But there is little time before the session ends. I'd advise that they still try to do more. Even if they can't fulfil all, the ones they fulfil should be more. We should still feel their impact.

Okay. Thanks so much for the time.

Student 2.
Good day to you. Please can I meet you?

Good day miss.
My name is ××××

Can you rate the executives on a scale of 1-10?

Rating of the executive from 1-10, that is a really tough question.
Hmm,I would give them 10 but not everyone of them.

I want you to rate them in general. Everyone included.

Hmmm
Since it's everyone in general,I think 7 is good.

Okay.
Is there any complain or is there anything you think they aren't doing well or do you have any advice to give to them?

Actually,I don't have much of a complain except that the sports director is not bringing in more sports,not everyone is interested in football.

Hmmmm... Okay. Thanks for your time.

Student 3.
Good day to you. Please can I meet you

I'm Dorcas OreOluwa Oyebode. A 400l student of the department of Special education.

Can you rate the current executives on a scale of 1-10?

I'm going to give them 8/10

Oh wow.That's impressive! Is there anything you'd love to commend them for and any advice to give?

I would just love to tell them to continue the good works they've started. The end of a thing is better than the begining thereof. They're doing well, so they should do well till the end.

Okay. Thanks so much for your time.

Student 4.
Good day to you. Please can I meet you?

My name is Biola Adebayo. A student of University of Ibadan. Special Education department and 300 level.

Can you rate the current executives on a scale of 1-10?

Seven at the very best. They have done very excellent job in general capacities to say the least, but I see many empty vacuums that should have been filled. I just hope they would do more.

Okay. Is there an advice you'd love to give to them?

At this stage, nothing. Whoever has done a less than satisfactory job in whatever capacities they're allowed to serve would have already known that from their own deep examination of self and in introspection. I could only hope they use the lessons learned from that to do better and be better going forward and in whatever further capacities life would need them. At the end of everything, we come here to learn and learning is a long life process.

Okay. Thank you very much.

Student 5.
Good day to you. Please can I meet you?

Yeah, my name is ×××× currently a 400L student of this glorious department.

Can you rate the current executives on a scale of 1-10?

5

Why 5 though?

Some of the executives never carried out duties as stipulated in their office constitution.

Okay. Is there any advice you'd love to give to them?

Each and everyone should try as much as possible to learn from their offices and every members of the NASES community should cooperate with the administration for proper service delivery.


Okay. Thanks so much.

Student 6.
Good day to you. Please can I meet you?

Yes,Please.
My name is Adedeji Precious,300 level student from the department of Special Education,gifted and talented education unit, University of Ibadan

Can you rate the current executives on a scale of 1-10?

Well on a scale of 1-10,I would rate them 6.

Okay. Is there something you feel they should improve on?

They should improve on the way information is passed across in the department.

Okay. Can you be more specific?

For example, if an information is meant for 100 level,I think the information should be passed across to the 100 level representative directly not to the general group.
It's not everyone that is on the general group I suppose.

Okay, I think I understand you. Is that all you have to say? Any advice to them?

Well apart from how information is passed across.
The academic arm of the department is doing a good job with the tutorials.

Okay. Thanks so much for your time.

Student 7.
Good day to you. Please can I meet you?

Hi, I'm ××××, a 200 level student of special education.

Can you rate the current executives on a scale of 1-10?

Alright, for now it's a 5.

Okay. Why 5 though?

The President isn't working as much as the previous president did. Most freshers don't know the staylites in the department.
The Social director hasn't organised any social event and this is already second semester. She hasn't fulfilled what's in her manifesto.
The Sport director said he has been given the money to buy a ball for the department but he hasn't bought it yet. He still borrows ball for the department practice. Where's the money he was given to buy a ball for the department?
The P.R.O. promised that he'd improve the department's media platforms. The Instagram page is dead and he hasn't created the WhatsApp TV he promised to create.
The semester is going already.

Okay. Thanks so much. Any advice for them?

Just do what you promised.

Okay. Thanks so much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NASESITES GRIEVE AS 400 LEVEL SPECIAL EDUCATION STUDENT PASSES ON

NASES EXECUTIVES, OTHER STAKEHOLDERS PAY COURTESY VISIT TO HEAD OF DEPARTMENT